Design is a complicated and conflicting area and web design is no exception. Innovative web design changes all the time, from a minimal and simple look to a colorful background with lots of content.
Keeping up with the current trends in web design is not easy, especially if your small business don’t have the time nor the money to adapt the website to follow these modern trends. Also, continuously changing your website can affect your UX (user experience).
What should you do?
What Are the Current Web Design Trends?
When it comes down to current web design trends, experts suggest a more interactive web design. Some features conflict with traditional practices such as the hidden menu bar, introduction of ghost buttons, etc.
Other web design trends focus on adding dominant headers or dynamic backgrounds that include high-quality videos and high-resolution images.
Here are 10 innovative web design trends for 2019:
- Broken grid and asymmetrical layouts – This type of design has been around for a while now. It has been used as a technique to help stand out, draw attention, and experiment with design.
- Organic design and elements – By replacing the straight lines we are accustomed to seeing on the web and replacing them with natural elements (shapes of lakes, paper, etc.) can make designs feel more organic and approachable.
- Retro design aesthetic – Experimentation with retro design styles can create a nice combination between old and new design.
- More enhanced image treatments – Images have always offered unique design opportunities. Adding images in circles, adding a shadow behind them or making them black and white can draw attention to the website.
- Monochromatic colors or absence of color – Having millions of colors at your disposal is cool but if you are limited to just one color, that’s cool as well. If done well, the type of design can help improve a design and make it more memorable. Limiting yourself to one color can solidify your branding while adding pressure in terms of design and flexibility.
- Overlapping design elements – Having items overlap each other can significantly improve your website design and bring visual interest to the content of your pages. When done right, the trend of overlapping elements can help improve the overall aesthetic of the website and your brand at the same time.
- Reimagined header areas – While some websites have started to push the limitations of what is possible with their header areas, as we pull away from the typical rules, we expect to see more and more experimentation by designers as to what is possible. We expect to see experimentation including changing up the content present, minimizing the area, and treating the header area with more importance.
- Large and experimental navigation – Navigation is one of the most complex elements of the web page. This year, we’ll see more experimentation with navigations and maybe push the boundaries of what is possible, for example making the navigation larger, etc.
- More white space – Adding extra white space give our eyes a rest. By adding white space in areas that don’t need it, it becomes an important part of the web design and is more noticed by your visitors.
- Pushing the typography boundaries – Experimenting with typography is something we can expect from designers. As coding becomes easier and more sophisticated, trying different typography has become simpler over time.
Is It Important to Follow Web Design Trends?
The culture that exists today suggests that your website should be mobile responsive, fully interactive, and design-focused to keep up with customer needs. But, before undertaking a re-design of your business’s website it is important to consider the purpose of your website.
Think About Your Business Industry and Niche
Each industry lends to a different format and style. Taking a website design from a photographer and trying to replicate it on your website may not prove as good as you think. Design is important, however, user experience is what matters the most.
Think About Your Competitors
You can do simple search research on your competitors to decide the website standards in your industry. Think about what works best for you and what could be improved.
For example, a gallery page is beneficial for some industries but of your business sells software, you may better benefit from adding a FAQ page. Also, you can do research with your competitors to find out what they need.
Think About the Whole Brand Experience
Having a well-designed website is important for your business. If your site provides the user with an answer to their search query quickly, if it is easy to navigate, and you are seeing an excellent conversion rate, you are doing something right.
Remember, web development is more about building a good website. In order to boost your conversion rate, you may want to increase your marketing efforts by using social media marketing, email marketing, PPC, SEO or a combination of them all.
A well-designed website backed by a good marketing strategy will help define your way.
A Final Word
Web design can feel like a time-consuming and daunting process. It is important that your website meets all customer needs and expectations but stands out from the competition by offering something unique.
Following the latest web design trends is important if you want to engage your visitors and convert them into customers. However, you need to decide which trends are worth following.
Read more about https://coolfonts.info/shopify-programming-language/