Implementing your new Retail POS system in the right way is really important! Read this article and use our step-by-step guide to implement the system successfully!
Finding and choosing the right POS system for your business is a real challenge. This may actually explain why 64% of the single-store retailers and 63% of the restaurants don’t have a proper system in place. However, choosing the right POS system is only a one piece of the puzzle. The next step is implementation.
Implementing a new Retail POS system is a pretty delicate process. Usually, the business leaders don’t set the stage for their team to success or follow a step-by-step guide that can help them successfully implement the system.
You need to keep i mind that the best POS (Point of Sale) software system that is poorly implemented is not as good as the others systems that are properly implemented. The implementation of the system is as important as choosing the right or the best POS system.
We have put together a list of 5 steps that will ensure a successful implementation. Let’s start:
- Engage staff from the beginning of the selection process – There are a lot of business owners that fail to understand that a successful Point of Sale system implementation starts before the software has been selected. All business owners need to determine what pain points are out there and they should take advantage of these points to create specific needs and requirements that explains the features the new Point of Sale system should have.
- Make sure the new Retail POS system has 5 key capabilities – You need to make sure that the new Retail POS system offers the most important capabilities such as inventory management, employee management, customer management, sales reporting and analytics, and checkout tools. These capabilities are crucial and you cannot expect to run a successful and prosperous business without these 5 capabilities.
- Train as much as you can – Once you have chosen the right POS system, you will need to train your team how to use the system. The vendors may offer you several training options, such as support forums, knowledge bases, courses, and etc. POS training options address the possible issues that are previously identified in the needs and requirements. You need to train as much as you can and make sure each and every one of your employees understands the system.
- Determine guidelines for mobile Point of Sale system usage – Successful training is really important for businesses that want to use their smartphone devices to conduct POS operations, for example, iPad POS systems that are really popular these days, and etc. As a matter of fact, many restaurant and retail operators are transitioning from legacy and traditional POS systems to more modern ones. We must say that this is a big change, especially for restaurants that use their mobility to send and take orders, process payments, and etc. Even though there are operational benefits of using a mobile device this way, understanding and realizing these benefits requires proper training.
- Set up important security measures from the start – There are some technical aspects that significantly contribute to an effective POS implementation. Security, for example, should be at the top of your mind when implementing the new Retail POS system, especially in terms of customer history data, as well as, credit card data. The best way to provide this security is to purchase a system that is EMV compliant.
The most important thing is for the new Retail POS system to improve your operation, as well as, the customer experience you provide.
The people who sought information on how to implement a point of sale system also sought information on the following topic.
3 Open Source E-Commerce Website Builders for Webpreneurs
Are you planning to go online in 2018? You want to become a webpreneur and join other peers making it in the virtual market. To realize this dream, you need an attractive and well-designed e-commerce website. Your site must be a customers’ magnet if you will earn high profitability. Also, joining the virtual platforms opens new doors for you.
Instead of selling to the locals, you open your windows to international and regional customers. By this, you are sure of additional bucks in your pocket. However, not all e-commerce website builders are fit for everyone. So, if your purpose is to operate online stores or become a webpreneur, here are the top open source website builders you should use:
One challenge of many webpreneurs is developing a website that looks like them. Or else, you want an online store that represents your business full in the virtual sphere. Sometimes, this is difficult, particularly where you do not have an opportunity to interfere with or modify the codes. If you have had a desire of creating uniqueness in your website, you need to think about osCommerce. This open source platform allows you to fulfil your desire. It offers you the freedom to tweak and modify the codes without the fear of interfering with a license or infringing the agreement.
Also, the platform comes with an array of integration and features. It offers you more than 900 integrations. Since it is the oldest open source platform, it has an active community made up of developers and site owners. Hence if you have any challenge while using the platform, you can turn to the community for immediate assistance.
The next platform suitable for open source e-commerce builder lovers is Spree Commerce. This platform is complex as it requires one to know Rail and Ruby. Or else, you must engage an expert with these skills. If you can access either, it is a good platform to design your desired e-commerce site. since the coding language is not popular for many webpreneurs, you can be sure that your site will be unique and stunning. This way, you will attract a large following once you launch. Also, it will raise you to the throne in your niche.
The best thing about Spree Commerce is that it has customization features that enable you to match your preference and those of your target customers in the designing process. You do not have to worry. In case you come along with a challenge during the development stage, you can turn to the community for help. The platform has more than 1000 members who are standby to offer you any support you might require. Hence, it is a splendid place to build your online store.
Magento Open Source
If you are not a first timer, the name Magento is not jargon. You are aware of several brands from this company. On this option, Magento offers you an open source e-commerce website builder to help you enjoy web building freedom. This platform comes with great features that step up your efforts to develop a standing out website.
Also, you have an opportunity for add-ons. You can add any third-party or payment gateway to help you process your transactions as well as generate business reports. Apart from this, Magento open source provides you with a bunch of marketing tools to ensure you succeed when selling online as well as optimize your site for the search engines.
With all these functionalities, you can be sure that success will be yours by selecting this open source e-commerce builders to build your online store.